Thursday, April 15, 2010

Can I get any sicker?

After being struck with a cold and then allergies I figured I was probably done with being sick for a little while. Lo and behold I woke up on Thursday with a toothache reminiscent of my post wisdom tooth extraction days (bottom ones were fully impacted). I was so uncomfortable I had to take a tylenol to get through the work day but I was still somewhat hopeful, figuring that the most likely explanation was nightly teeth grinding. I had been wearing tray 11 at that point for about 10 days so it didn't make sense for the pain to be from my invisalign.

When the pain returned on Friday with a vengeance, I decided it was time to action. I gave my dentist a call and managed to book myself in to see her the next day. I was a bit anxious as I left the house for my appointment - hoping that I wouldn't need a root canal or filling. Luckily, after taking a good look at my teeth and some xrays, my dentist determined that there doesn't seem like anything was wrong with my teeth.

So, after a lot of research and the onslaught of a number of other symptoms. I think what I had was a sinus infection. It's just so odd - I could have sworn it was a really bad toothache. Anyway I'm just glad that I'm not sick anymore and happy that there's nothing wrong with my teeth.

5 comments:

  1. I am going to the ortho next wednes for him to take xrays of my teeth and to let him know what my choice is between braces and invisalign (ovb invisalign. I have been reading up on ALOT of blogs over the internet and to be honest i'm getting so excited to get them! Hopefully it doesnt take long to actually get the aligners. Anyways my teeth kinda look like yours used to right now in the sense that my 2 teeth beside my front teeth are back behind. Hopefully when i get them the time flies by.. take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey - good luck with your consult! It really depends on how many times your doc sends your clincheck back but once you plan has been approved (assuming you live in N. America, it should only take 2-3 weeks for your aligners to arrive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! Your smile has improved so much that it makes me really really excitied to start mine. It just sucks that its gonna cost an arm and a leg. And yes i live in n.america, in canada actually. Cant wait to keep reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! Your teeth have improved so much that i'm really excitied to get mine. Cant wait to finally smile with my mouth open! And yes i love in n.america, in canada actually. Cant wait to keep reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You'll have to let me know how it goes! Despite complaining from time to time, it's worth the investment. Make sure you do some research on what sort insurance coverage you're eligible for and if not, you may be able to claim some of it back when you do your taxes next year.

    That's funny, I'm Canadian as well. I just noticed that people in the UK and AUS seemed to have to wait much longer than any the NA invisaligners I've come across.

    ReplyDelete