Wednesday, August 11, 2010

refinement tray 18U/12L update with pictures

Sorry for the lack of updates. I've been really busy these past couple of weekends between hosting and attending bridal showers, helping with a friend's wedding, and starting a new job. This is supervain but I'm really glad that my teeth are so much straighter now and I feel pretty comfortable (despite all the attachments) smiling widely whenever I meet someone for the first time. First impressions are important and I think mine is much warmer now thanks to invisalign.

I'm at bit behind on posting as I'm on upper tray 20 right now (out of 23 trays - last 3 trays are over correction) and will be seeing Dr. A in about a week and a half but I have feeling that I'm going in for new molds since I've been booked for a full hour rather my usual 15 minutes in the chair. I kind of wish this was all over with but at the same time I'm not quite happy with my teeth right now and will probably go for second refinements if that's what Dr. A suggests at the end of our next appointment.

Pictures (sorry my front teeth look a bit gross around the front attachments, they seem to stain more easily):











4 comments:

  1. Youre teeth are so beautiful and your blog is really funny. I just started my process and your results gives me great hope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The other day i went in to my dentist and we were talking about if an attachment were come off they would have to use tray 0 to make the mold for the attachment...then i remembered reading when you got them off for your wedding, was it hard to get that tray on after being sooo far into your trays!? or what did they do? lol cause i cant imagine fitting tray 0 on my teeth now! (I'm on tray 6 of 10!)

    Your teeth look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both! Always nice to receive positive feedback.

    G - that's really odd. When they reattached my attachments they just poked holes into the tray I was using up until then and used it as a template. Just the thought of wearing tray 0 again so late in the process is painful...

    I don't know, if it ever happens, you might want to talk to your dentist about some more, contact invisalign directly or check in with Dr. Tam, an orthodontist who answers a lot of questions on the bracesreview.com forum.

    Having said that, I've only had a couple of chipped attachments the entire time I've had my trays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know the thought of tray 0 makes me cringe! haha
    I go in tomorrow, it looks like one of my attachments have chipped when i wear my tray there's a little gap, hopefully my Dentist has a different answer than the hygienist i asked!

    I will definitely check the forum! Thank you :)

    P.s I’ll be participating in Paws In The Park on October 3, 2010.

    My goal is to raise $500.00 to help the animals cared for by The Toronto Humane Society, but I can’t do it without your help. Please join me in raising money for a great cause by sponsoring me. Just click on the link below and it will take you to my personal page where you can sponsor me. Please forward this message on to help me reach my goal!


    http://torontohumanesociety.akaraisin.com/p/ginamantas.aspx

    Thanks !!

    ReplyDelete