Sunday, August 2, 2009

tray 16 update with pics


It's funny I've always wondered if my friends (and others) in the dental profession were fixated on teeth in general and noticed how crooked my teeth were.  People have always been polite in general about them and the only comments I had ever gotten  prior to getting braces were from my family and for the most they were out of kindness (ie. my mom really encouraged me to straighten them to improve my dental health).  Having said that, since getting my braces, they've really come out of the woodwork and commented on my teeth and even perfect strangers (dental assistants, hygienists and dentists alike) have asked about them.  It's like the hone in on my teeth, what's going on with them and immediately recognize the invisalign where others might just notice that something is different.

So here I am, just finished tray 16, ready to move on to tray 17 on Monday and wondering how much movement can take place in one tray as it will be the last of my first round of regular trays (in addition to listening to Metric's new album - love love them).  After that I have 3 over correction trays before moving on to refinements if needed.  This is going quite quickly!


Natural smile, still some overlap between my right front incisor and next tooth

some bad lighting here, but notice how my midline isn't quite lined up and uneven gumline.


here's my top arch - you can see where the incisors aren't quite straight more clearly here.

bottom teeth are mostly straight but not quite.  sorry my fillings are kind of gross

looks a lot better than before but i am hoping to shaving that canine down a bit after i'm finished.

here's my other big issue, my teeth aren't quite lining up with each other anymore whereas they did before.  my molars don't touch either although they didn't to begin with.  will wait until i'm through with my over-correction trays and see how they look then.

Anyhow my next appointment with Dr. A is in 2 weeks and I will update again then!

8 comments:

  1. I'm having the same issue with my molars, they don't touch up anymore, i'm not sure if it will get fixed, but it's kind of annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed - while it's not creating any problems in terms of my being able to chew or jaw issues, it's definitely annoying. Hope all is going well with your treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful result! I am a young 69 year old - wore braces as a teen, but now I have a tooth that has slipped back a little and I'd love to get it fixed with Invisalign. I don't want to get into "buttons" and all that other stuff I've been reading about. What do you think?
    saundrobe@netzero.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you - i think it really depends on how your teeth need to move to get into place and you'd really need to go in for an ortho consultation to determine that. in my case i needed quite a few but hopefully you would need fewer than my 11! All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. your teeth look great! hopefully the molars will start touching before you complete your treatment, gluck :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there,
    I am on my second to last uppers too and I have exactly the same problems. The front tooth still isn't quite straight (although I think yours is a bit better than mine!) and my molars don't touch. In fact, if I bite down only two of my side teeth touch i now notice. I read on a forum that is quite common with Invisalign and is because of the aligners. I would like it solved though.
    Your teeth are looking fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks MHS - it's funny, I think we're all our worst teeth critics. To me, yours seem to be really coming along but I only see the problem spots when I seen pictures of my teeth. I'm sorry to hear you're running into some of the same problems in terms of your back teeth not touching. Interesting that it seems to be a fairly common problem. All the best to you!

    ReplyDelete