Monday, August 17, 2009

Tray 17 update with pics

So I had a pretty quick visit with Dr. A today but a few important things were discussed albeit pretty briefly.  It looks like I'll be going through all of my over correction trays (18-20U and 19-21L) and will likely need refinements (he thinks it would probably just be a few but was hesitant to commit).  I'll also be getting a permanent retainer on the bottom and a clear essix type retainer on top.  Finally, he explained that my over correction trays will only bring my teeth together more tightly rather than continue to rotate my teeth into the correct position.  My next visit if all goes well is in 2 months.

I really wish I had had written down all of my questions for him in advance but I was in such a rush to make my 7:30am appointment this morning I didn't have a chance to compose myself and ended up rushing through the appointment.  What I would have asked and may still ask via email was when my attachments were coming off (so I can book a cleaning), if my next appointment would involve molds, if the shooting pains in my front tooth were normal, if refinements would fix my bite (molars still aren't touching) if it doesn't feel normal again by the end of this set, my angled bottom tooth, the excess attachment material on my teeth etc...

Oh well.  I'm onto tray 18 now and my teeth are really sore.  I may just give in and take something for it.  I can see that front tooth moved a bit with the last tray though so I am sort of ok with it for now - no pain, no gain!

Pictures!

Almost there, my mutant extra long canine and uneven gumline kind of spoil the effect.

Snaggy's almost in line...

funny how this canine seems to be at such a weird angle


I think my front tooth is finally starting to slide into place!  The letter must have helped.  

2 comments:

  1. Your teeth are looking great, and all the imperfections you point out would not normally be noticed by those less obsessed by teeth than we Invisalign patients are!

    I know what you mean about the canines not doing as theyre told, I think they will be the main reason for my refinements which Ill probably need in October...but then I prepared myself for that as I heard they were the toughest to rotate/move.

    It will all be worth it though and its exciting to see your progress!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much. It's funny, whenever I see pictures of my teeth I still hone in on the imperfections despite the fact that they're so much better now than when I started. I guess we are our own worst critic!

    Your teeth are looking great too and I'm looking forward to seeing the final results. All the best.

    ReplyDelete