Friday, December 26, 2008

So far so good... sort of

I just realized that some people might be interested in my treatment plan if they've got a similar case and want to draw comparisons. My initial set of trays will be 20 upper and 21 lower to be worn 2 weeks each with 11 attachments (three in every corner of my mouth except my top left). Cost was approx $4400 CDN and includes 3 sets of refinements.

I was starting to get used to my previous aligner. To the point where I barely noticed it at all and my initial lisp (noticeable to me but not my fiance) was gone. And then I noticed it - a crack right center on my top aligner. I don't how long it's been there but figured it wasn't a good thing and have since moved on to my next aligner as I was instructed at my initial orientation.

It's actually quite a tight fit but if that means that it's moving my teeth in the right direction then I suppose it's a good thing. It does feel a bit funny in my mouth though and I keep running my tongue against it subconsciously. I just hope that my next set of aligners aren't too hard take off once I get my buttons on (next visit). It makes me wonder if they made that first aligner easy to take on and off on purpose so as not to scare me out of treatment!

Anyhow - hope everyone had a lovely Christmas and a productive boxing day (for the Canadians out there).

2 week pictures below.




No comments:

Post a Comment