Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

The Good:

-I'm finally getting my teeth straightened
-If all goes well they should look a lot better in time for my wedding
-I've got invisalign and so far, unless I've pointed it out, no one's noticed my trays.
-No major discomfort or pain (then again after having my 4 wisdom teeth (2 impacted) last fall, nothing really compares)
-My teeth have never been cleaner - I've been brushing, flossing and rinsing religiously after every meal

The Bad:

-Braces are expensive. Given that we just bought our first house and are furnishing it in addition to saving up for the upcoming wedding, that doesn't leave a lot to pay for the price of my vanity and oral health. Thank goodness I went for the enhanced dental coverage!
-Having to explain to guests/people I'm out with why I'm constantly going to the bathroom before and after eating. Was especially hard during the holiday season.

The Ugly:

-I just found out my claim for braces hasn't gone through yet! I hope they're just being slow but it looks like I'll have to follow up with them soon.
-Slightly odorous trays in the morning despite my OCD like cleaning of them (any suggestions?), the odd drop of unsightly blood in my trays, and not being able to snack as much as I'd like when I can't afford to lose any weight (I'm already tiny!)

----

Well, all things considered, if this is the worst of it, things aren't all that bad. I guess I'll have to re-evaluate after I get my attachments on next Monday though.

Anyhow - happy new year everyone! Will post once the attachments and tray 3 goes in.

No comments:

Post a Comment