Monday, January 26, 2009

An open letter to my trays...

My dearest invisalign trays,

I know I can be a bit rough sometimes. And I know you're working hard - I can see it in my midline and in how my bite has changed.

I need you to know though that I'm trying to make this work too. Every chance I get, I clean you with a denture brush and water and refrain from using anything harsher. I wear you as much as I humanly can, despite the fact that I'm trying desperately not to lose any weight in the mean while. I only ever drink water with you on, never ever any food or even juice. Heck, I even gave up coffee AND tea for you.

Why oh why oh why must tray 4 crack on me barely mid way through the two week mark then? This after tray 3 cracked on me after its first week. Oh I know what Dr. A's office will say but I'm not quite ready to part with you yet. It just seems too soon.

Well tray 4, I'm going to try to wear you for a few more days and then I'm going to have to move on to tray 5. I hope you'll last until then. And I do promise to be gentler with you, all of you, for the duration of my treatment. I hope I haven't come across too harsh, I'm just frustrated right now.

Yours truly,
STB

2 comments:

  1. lol!! you are so funny! thank you for putting up your experiences here. i will be starting my invisalign treatment in just a month, and i am so very excited and can't wait to start! thank you again for you dilligence, and i hope that your results are 100% beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks - glad you found it helpful.

    congrats on starting treating - best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete