Monday, January 19, 2009

Snap, crackle, pop!

So I managed to do it again. I snapped my tray out (perhaps a bit too hard), it cracked a fair bit, and I called Dr. A's office before I popped from stressing out about what to do next. This is the second time I've had a top aligner crack on me (tray 1 did it too!) before it was time to be retired so I'll have to take extra care when removing it from now on, at least until my cross bite on the one side isn't as deep.

Anyhow, I was advised to move on to tray 4 a week early which I was surprised to hear. They seem to fit ok though. One thing I forgot to ask is if I should switch my bottom tray or finish wearing them for the full two weeks. Will have to bug them tomorrow I guess.

In other news, I saw my mom today. I haven't seen her in two weeks and she commented that my teeth had shifted and looked better. This without being asked! i happily retold the story to the fiance after he got home from work as it seems to be my favorite game ("hey, have my teeth moved???") with the fiance these days.

Actually when I think about it, long before I even met my fiance, my mom had always gently encouraged me to take care of my teeth. I really wish I had heeded her advice earlier on but in a way I'm kind of glad that I can afford to pay for them myself now and they're not an additional burden on her and my dad. Now that they're finally on, she's become one of my biggest cheerleaders.

I love love love my mom. She's the best.

Some pictures for your viewing enjoyment.



No comments:

Post a Comment