Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I take them off with the stealth...

So now that my attachments are on, I'm not able to pop my trays on and off the way I used to. There used to be a time when I'd pop them off at my work desk without even having to look at mirror. Those days are over now... I guess I never realized how good I had it.

These past couple of days, I have to curtail my sense of dread as lunch approaches and I pop into the women's washroom, reach in and pull off my tray tooth by tooth, hoping that no one will have to witness the unglamorous sight of me 'taking out my teeth' before lunch, drool dribbling off the side of my mouth, face red from the struggle to get them off. Fortunately, it doesn't take quite as long to put them back in.

So far I've managed to evade potential witnesses to my daily ordeal. Sometimes I pop into one of the stalls as someone enters, other times I just keep brushing my teeth until other people leave. Given that I work in an office building where there is a ratio of something like 60 women on the floor to 4 bathroom stalls I'm sure someday someone will catch me but for now I'll keep taking them off with the stealth...

(ps it's not that I'm that embarrassed about having braces, just not crazy being interrupted while I'm taking them on/off)

No comments:

Post a Comment