Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Ah, so this is why there are 23 more trays...

I've decided that given that my teeth won't be changing as much from tray to tray anymore, I'll probably just post pictures of every second tray from here on in. After a couple of weeks in my first set of refinement trays, I've gotten back into the swing of things again and to be honest I barely notice them. What I did notice however as I was taking a few pictures last night prior to starting my new trays this morning is just how much my right front tooth needs to rotate to get in line with the others. It makes me a little sad after all that time and effort but at the same time I'm glad some of my major concerns are finally going to be addressed and I'm looking forward to some nicely rounded arches by the end of this round.

Some pictures:


Eek - no wonder I need so many more trays!

The left tray is my last tray from my first set, right is my first refinement tray. Notice the subtle differences between the two? New trays are also a much better fit.

With my new refinements trays in.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Lemon,

    Did they give you a reason why the attachments won't be added until tray 3? I can see taking it slow with new patients but you're an invisalign pro by now. It seems like this would just extend the refinement period.


    Thanks,
    Anthony

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    I'm not sure myself. I suspect though that my dentist just likes to do things a certain and doesn't often deviate or customize treatment to the patient. I sometimes wonder if it's because he's not a trained orthodontist but I'm just surmising...

    Did you get your refinements yet? What's the verdict?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lemon,

    No refinements yet. They say it will be another week or two. I did try zoom! whitening though. Don't know if you have heard of it. It involves high intensity light treatment with a special gel. I thought it worked well but my teeth felt really sensitive for a day after the treatment. I'm not sure I will ever do that again. Anything that makes your teeth feel that strange can't be healthy.

    Regards,
    Anthony

    ReplyDelete