Saturday, October 31, 2020

10 questions...

 1.  Am I glad I had braces the first time around?

100%

2.  Would I choose Invisalign over options again?

If I were to redo today, I would have gone with ceramics and a proper orthodontist instead of a regular dentist.  I was also a less confident person at the time though so the lower of Invisalign got me over my final hangups.  So it's kind of hard to say,

3.   How do I feel about going through this process again?

It kind of sucks.  I feel like I did everything I could to retain my teeth originally and I feel a little let down.  Two of my friends who got braces around the same time have had no such issues.  In addition to that said that, Invisalign didn't correct all of my issues even the first time around (ie. bite issues) and I've seen much better results in others.  

4. Am I glad I still have my old trays?

It's better then going out and having metal braces in my 40s during the time of COVID.  It was initially icky taking out those 10 year old trays though.  

5.  Do I see a difference in my teeth yet from going through the process again?

I think so?  I'll report on this more thoroughly in a few months.  I'm kind of disappointed about the whitening I did too.  I still have lots of product so I'll try again after the next time I clean my teeth.

6.  What's it like to go through this process during a pandemic?

I have to say I'm really glad I'm not going to my dentist to get my trays right now.  I have to go to the one bathroom on the main floor every day in my building to brush my teeth privately after lunch everyday.  I don't like the idea of brushing my teeth in a shared sink space.  It's a bit unwieldy.  I always have to lay down some paper towel and hurry through the process for fear I'm keeping someone else waiting.  Not fun.  Even though I work in an office I wear a mask whenever I meet with others so even if I had a 1000 attachments no one would notice.

7.  When did I start to notice that I might need to wear my trays again?

Definitely during the pandemic while looking at myself on zoom calls.  My teeth just looked yellow and my one teeth really wonky.  I was getting really self conscious about it.  Having said that, at work we take a lot of group pictures.  I was just looking at some recently and realized my teeth look fine there.  I guess where I notice them more is in our family photos where I'm closer to the camera.

8.  Is there anything you wish could have been corrected properly the first time?

My bite.  I was so concerned about the cosmetic look I was less picky about how my feet fit together in the back initially.

9.  How does my family feel about my re-bracing? 

It doesn't stemlike they really notice.  I just need to run off right after dinner to brush my teeth.  Plus they're all boys.

10.  How long is this going to take?

I have four more trays (2months), plus however long it takes me to get my new retainer (3 most?) and I'll likely where the trays full time for the first while (3mos?).  It's ok, I'm sure the pandemic will outlast this process!

No comments:

Post a Comment