Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Life outside of braces...

Things have been pretty uneventful teethwise lately. I've changed my bottom tray (5) now so I'm back in sync with my top tray (had to switch to tray 5 1 week early due to a split). I'm quite happy to report that my top tray is doing ok so far as I'm now in the habit of pulling it off one attachment at a time. I took some pictures but I think I'm going to wait until I'm ready to switch tray before posting as there really isn't a big difference. I find there's a point where taking too many pictures can be discouraging as I'm not allowing enough time before photo sessions for my teeth to change position.

Anyhow, given that I've been quite preoccupied (I really mean obsessed) with my teeth since I got my invisalign trays, I've been trying to focus on other things lately. we've started attending a marriage prep course and are checking out different meditation groups in the city. Our thinking is that there's a lot more to prepare for with the upcoming wedding than just having nice teeth (yes, I admit it). And hopefully at the end of the day, some of the other prep that we're doing will help us feel more confident about what lies ahead and smile a little more broadly on the big day.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting your Invisalign experience. I am on tray 5 as well (26 upper and 28 lower). My teeth are somewhat similar except my front teeth are being crowded inward by the eye teeth instead of outward. I never thought it was a big deal until a few years ago when I noticed that almost everyone seemes to have perfect teeth these days.

    I am still waiting to notice the changes. My wife says that she can tell but I think she is just trying to encourage me. When I line up tray 1 with tray 5, I see very little, if any, difference. I had the attachments put on for tray 3 and now I feel like I'm in the "all pain but no gain" phase. I'm sure I will feel better once the changes are noticeable.

    Anyway, congrats on your wedding and keep up the good work. I look forward to seeing your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment and well wishes!

    Yes, I definitely hear you in terms of not seeing any significant differences during the first few trays. I have noticed some subtle differences in bite and a couple of really subtle things that I can't seem to substantiate with my photos. Your wife reminds me of my mom who is quite sure that she sees a difference in my smile too. I really hope she's right but like you, I'll feel a lot better when I can see the difference for myself.

    Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete