Monday, February 2, 2009

Splitting trays! (tray 5 upper, 4 lower)

I've had quite a bit of bad luck with my upper trays splitting around my cross bite area. To date, trays 1, 3, and 4 have all split before their time. Hopefully this hasn't affected my treatment. Having said that, I slipped in my 5th upper tray without any difficulty last night though and am still wearing my 4th bottom tray which will put me out of sync for a week.

I've gotten quite obsessive about photographing my progress (often under pretty unflattering lighting conditions). My fiance teases me a bit about this along with my newly developed habit of clicking my teeth together randomly.  I took the next few at my mom's house (a herd of gaming geeks had taken over my place) so the lighting might look a bit different from the usual photos.


'ok' side














'snaggle toothed' side


















mouth agape - look at all those jagged edges!














mouth closed - also highlights my uneven gumline














a smile - this is probably closest to what most people will see of my teeth










I have to admit, I never realized how misaligned my teeth were until I started taking all of these pictures and scrutinizing them more closely. I do think though that they don't look quite as bad as they're made to look here due to angle and light but there is still a ton of room for improvement.  I'm so glad I'm doing this (invisalign) before the wedding though, it would have been so sad to smile unnaturally and/or end up disliking my wedding photos because of my teeth. Here's to straighter teeth!

2 comments:

  1. Hi there, Glad to hear that it isn't just me that clicks her teeth together constantly! I never did it before Invisalign.
    Great blog, you are one step ahead of me, so I am enjoying reading all that you are going through.
    Have a look at my blog http://myhollywoodsmile.blogspot.com

    Great pics btw. I had bad teeth on my wedding day and I WISH I had sorted them before so you are definitely doing the right thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks -

    That's so funny - I check your blog from time to time too. Lots of good info to take in.

    I first started clicking my teeth after invisalign too. Now it's become a sort of inside joke between my fiance and I. I'm really glad I'm doing this before the wedding too but am kicking myself occasionally for not starting even earlier.

    All the best!

    ReplyDelete