Monday, March 9, 2009

IPR fun and a wedding update

So I went in to Dr. A to get some IPR done on my front teeth today.  The drilling sound was quite dreadful throughout but wasn't painful.  The worst part for me is the sound of the instrument going in between my teeth.  Pictures of the resulting gaps are below:



As I've noted previous posts, I was getting to be a bit discouraged but today was the icing on the cake.  Let me count the ways:
  1. Finally got the issue with my health insurance sorted out.  They're covering 60% of my $4500 bill!
  2. Dr. A told me I had access to my clincheck which I've been dying to see again.  I just have to sort it out with his assistants.  Will post if I can!
  3. I got to see tray 15 (which is where I'll be by my July wedding) and it looks great.  I'll be so happy if my teeth look like the tray I saw today.
  4. Even tray 10 which I brought home today looks like it will be a vast improvement over where my teeth are today and it looks like snaggy my crossbite tooth is finally going to become less noticeable.  Pictures below:
Bottom trays (L tray 10, R tray 1)

Top tray (L tray 1, R tray 10) 
Note position of Snaggy (right of right front incisor)

In other wedding related news.  My photographer agrees that I should take my trays out for the wedding and Dr. A confirmed that he'll take out my attachments a week before the wedding.  I'm having a great teeth day.  Le sigh.

4 comments:

  1. yay! very happy for you, i can see a huge difference in the trays, its going to look brilliant! my sister is getting married in may and my twin and i are bridesmaids, iv not got my attachments yet but the ortho promised me he'd take the attachments off for it which i was very happy about!!!! you'll be a gorgeous bride!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rita - I'm so glad we were able to time it so that my teeth were mostly straight by my wedding. :)

    That's great that your ortho agreed to take your attachments off for the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. about how much was this procedure?

    ReplyDelete