Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Halfway through!

I've been pretty excited about the last few trays. It feels like every day my teeth are straighter than they've ever been and each time I change trays, they get even straighter. Much more satisfying than the first 7 trays or so which were very much of the "it gets worse before it gets better" variety. I'm smiling more and more in pictures I've noticed and I'm beginning to get a better sense of what my teeth actually look like. Not that I didn't know before but I can now make out the actual shape and size of my teeth now that they're no longer rotated and pointing every which way. hahaha... I could go on and on but suffice to say I'm quite happy with the progress I've had so far.

I went to see Dr. A yesterday and he seemed to be quite happy with my progress as well. When he commented on how I must be wearing them 22 hours a day because the trays seemed to be fitting so well, I sheepishly said that I tried even though I've been cheating a bit lately (but only because I'm more this set for an extra day (I'm such a rebel!)). Having just finished tray 10 (half way mark for me!!), I was given trays 11-14 and managed to squeeze a few questions in with Dr. A before heading out.

I'm so glad that I did because (in addition to finding out that I didn't have a tongue thrust problem and that a minor issue with one tooth during tray 10 was inconsequential) we managed to figure out how to time my next few trays up until my wedding.

So this is the plan:
  • next 4 trays will be worn for 12 days each- my next scheduled appointment will be bumped up by a week so that I will be at tray 15 by my wedding (clincheck here for reference)
  • will take off my attachments at the next appointment
  • will do some whitening (2 x 0.5 hours per day, supposed to be more effective) while I have my attachments off for the two weeks prior to my wedding

I suppose I'm being a bit vain but the wedding was a huge motivator for me to get invisalign so I'm just so glad that I'll be about 75% done by July and will even get a bit whitening in. I guess now that I'm on a 12 day schedule I'll have to make more of an effort to wear my trays for as close to 22 hours as possible per day. Will post pictures when I get home!

No comments:

Post a Comment