Monday, May 18, 2009

Tray 11 update with pics

My teeth are slowly moving into place as the countdown to the wedding begins.  It's less two months away!  And while there has been a lot of progress and I've gotten so many positive comments on my teeth lately (!!), I'd really love for Snaggy, my little crossbite tooth, to move in line with the others soon.  You know, he just looks so lonely back there.

Now that I'm on a 12 day schedule instead of my original 14, I'm trying to keep my trays in as long as possibly but it's gotten harder and harder with all this wedding business coming up (silly wedding keeps getting in the way of my invisalign!).  I'll have to have them out for close to 3 hours for our upcoming engagement shoot and at least a couple more for cupcake sampling this upcoming weekend.  Hopefully I'll be able to space things out my appointments so they don't both happen during the same tray.

I was thinking back today about whether I should have taken Dr. A's offer at the beginning of treatment to change trays on a 10 day cycle (I was extra cautious and said no at the time).  I might have been finishing up by the end of this month if that had been the case.  Looking back, I probably would have made the same decision to change on a 14 day cycle again.  I might just be overly cautious but I really wanted to make sure nothing went wrong during my treatment and my teeth weren't forced to move too quickly.  To me, having straight healthy teeth is a lifetime investment, not just something to show off in a few wedding photos and hide away in my mouth forever more.

Anyhow, in terms of the actual trays, tray 11 was mostly uneventful.  The one thing I have noticed is  some changes in my gums as a result of teeth moving.  This may be tmi but it looks in some places like my gums are a bit underdeveloped or pressed down where my teeth were overlapped.  Also, I've noticed a line where I assume my gumline used to be on my molars and wonder if it's because my molars, which were tipped on one side before, are being tipped back with these last few trays.  I may take a pic and send back to Dr. A's office.  

Picture update below:







4 comments:

  1. Oh cupcake sampling...

    Your smile is looking great, there is such a difference between your before and current pics.

    Good luck with the wedding count down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lauren :)

    It's so rewarding to finally see some results!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! They look great. You can really see the movement now. Cupcake sampling must be about the best reason for keeping them out I think!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks :)

    hehe -cupcake sampling has been the funnest part of wedding planning so far!

    ReplyDelete