Sunday, September 13, 2020

UPDATED: An inspiration photo - (with more pictures!)

 As I flipped through my old blog posts, one thing I realized was that I had never posted an after photo once I was finished with my third set of refinements and into my retainer way back in 2011.  Well, there happens to be a good reason for that which is that I found out I was pregnant just at that very same time.  As a result, following the progress of my teeth took second fiddle to sorting out a baby room, prenatal vitamins, lab test, sharing the news and all that good stuff.

Anyhow, at some point I stopped taking regular close up photos of my teeth.  The best I can do is from a selfie I took during a trip I took with a good friend in the fall of 2011.  Here's hoping I can get my teeth to a similar state by the time I'm all done - again!


***Update - October 9/2020:

I had a bit of time to dig around in my old computer today.  It reinforced my suspicion that I didn't take a round of photos after I was done with Invisalign.  Though I found many pregnancy progress photos.  Not reposting those here!  I did find some smiling photos that are a bit clearer than the previous one I posted from this period:


This was taken during refinement round 2 - you can still see the attachments, taken in summer of 2010

Based on time, this was half way through refinement round 3, you can see a few gaps, taken early fall 2011



Taken after refinements round 3, February 2012

Taken after refinements round 3, October 2011

Taken after refinements round 3 with tray on, October 2011

So as you can see, my teeth were never "perfect" after round three but if that's as good as it gets for my case, I'm happy to go back to it.  One thing that's interesting to me is that I'm sure if my front right tooth and it's neighbour to my right ever fully aligned.  Will have to see how they look at the end of this process.











No comments:

Post a Comment